Video card drivers can be a pain in the ass with Windows. Especially when you are installing both AMD and Nvidia at the same time. Usually if I have crashes or errors pop up my first go to solution is to simply start fresh with video card drivers. This guide will show you how to completely start from ground zero and install fresh Nvidia and AMD drivers for your Windows 10 mining rig.
Download and Run Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
Display Driver Uninstaller is an amazing life saver for getting rid of every single instance of your previous video card drivers. It supports AMD, Nvidia and even Intel.
The program is easy to use so lets get started:
- Download DDU from Guru3d.com
- Run the downloaded DDU exe and extract to a folder of your choosing
- Once extracted run Display Driver Uninstaller exe file.
- We will assume you want to clean both AMD and Nvidia so lets start with AMD. Choose Clean and Restart.
- Once restarted now open up DDU again and choose Nvidia from the drop down. Choose Clean and Restart.
Now you should have a completely clean system with no traces of previous drivers installed and DDU has prevented Windows 10 from installing outdated drivers as well.
You can proceed to AMD and Nvidia to download your latest drivers and hopefully resolve any previous issues you were having!